Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Voicemail Story

Baby it wasn't intentional
You endin up at my voicemail
Just give me a minute to explain
Let me tell you the tale

When you put me on hold to take a call
I was waitin patiently
But then there came a knock at my door
None other than my mommy

She wanted me to clean the kitchen
And get off of the phone
And I wasn't to bring it with me either
(She told me this with a tone

To make sure that I understood
That she wasn't playing with me)
And so I had to hang up the phone
Though you weren't on the line, you see

And when I came back after I was done
I saw that I had 9 missed calls
And two of them were from you, so
I said forget the rest of them all

And I tried to call you back right then and there
But you didn't pick up your cell
Then I tried again later unsuccessfully
And that's when my mood just fell

Then I started to think you were angry with me
And I started feeling quite down and sad
And I was hoping that I was wrong becuz
I didn't want my Evvie poo to be mad

So I'm sittin here waitin for a return call
Cuz I'm afraid to call you more
And if I fall asleep without hearin your voice
I think I'll know the score

So Evan if you can read my mind
Please call me A-S-A-P
Becuz I know I won't sleep very well
Thinkin you're mad at me

No comments: