Wednesday, January 2, 2008

How I Feel...

A lil’ more than a best friend
Not quite my boo
I’ve been trying to work out
Just how I feel about you

You invade my dreams
Both at night and in day
I think about you constantly
In a loving-type way…

Before you get shocked
Don’t get me wrong
My feelings aren’t all-consuming
Though they are strong

Do I have love for you?
Very much so…
Am I in love with you?
I don’t think so…

To be in love with you
I’d have to fall
My heart couldn’t take that
It’s circled by a wall

I’ve been hurt before
Don’t want to hurt again
You’re right in saying
We gotta work it out as friends

A part of that, too
Is knowing you don’t feel the same
Compared to my feelings for you
Your feelings are tame…

My hope is eventually
Your feelings will mature
And we’ll be able to fly together
Like an eagle, we’ll soar

But for now I’ll play it your way
Take time to be friends
Walk this path slowly
And see where it ends…

No comments: