Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It WAS Your Everything...

This is a two-part poem I wrote... I started the first part, which is unfinished... then wrote the second part. The reason the first part is unfinished is because in the course of writing it, I found out some stuff that upset me, and I lost my motivation... then wrote the second part, which IS complete... enjoy!

{{Written in November of 2007}}

-| It's Your Everything |-


You asked me what it is
That makes me want you so
But my shyness hindered me
From letting you know
I didn't want to leave you hanging
So I opened up a brand new file
To try to express how I feel
And what about you drives me wild
It's the way you look at me
It's the way you smile at me when you talk
It's the way your body moves gracefully
The way your shoulders sway when you walk
It's the way you pull me in your arms
And the way you hold me tight
It's the passionate way you kiss me
That makes me feel everything's alright

{{Unfinished: Lost motivation/inspiration}}


-| But Now It's Nothing |-

Can't fool myself anymore
Gotta face the facts
You will always be my "friend"
Cuz you want your ex-girlfriend back
I tried to believe it for awhile
That I was someone special to you
But I have come to realize
That can't possibly be true
Cuz she's the one that holds your heart
She's got you in her palm
If she wanted you, you'd take her back
I don't need a dude with qualms
I need someone who's really sure
That I'm the one for him
I don't want to have to worry
That I'll get left behind on a whim
I really really like you
It might've blossomed into love
But your obsession with your ex
Caused me to rise above
And realize that I'm playing myself
As much as you're playing me
I was blinded by the hope of 'love"
But thankfully, now I can see

1 comment:

Mr. Nova Faye said...

i like this... u need to hurry and finish the first part becuz i said so... so lets get to it lol